Kid’s YogaYoga promotes health and well-being through discipline, and in a children’s environment it fosters inner and outer growth through the balance of playfulness and mindfulness. Yoga serves as a tool to help children relax while having fun. Through practice, kids develop strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, and also body awareness, attention, focus and self-confidence. There are numerous studies that support its value to a young child’s education and development, particularly their ability to pay attention and concentrate, which is so important in our children’s classrooms.
Some of the benefits of practicing yoga:
- Strengthens coordination and balance
- Development of self-discipline and self-control.
- It helps strengthen the ability to concentrate.
- Teaches to relax and promote stress control.
- It helps to balance the body and the mind.
- Improves physical condition, strengthening numerous body systems: skeletal, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, hormonal and muscular.
- Teamwork is beneficial and fun
How do we get children to practice and enjoy yoga at Brains Nursery Schools?
«Yoga brings intellectual clarity and emotional stability.»
B.K.S Iyengar.In children’s yoga classes, getting children to stay focused and follow the instructions of the teacher is not always a simple task. Therefore, , it is fundamental to find the right class for your child, and always work towards an environment of patience, positive motivation and, most importantly, fun. Each class is a different group of children that we must adapt to. It is of the utmost important to maintain a comfortable atmosphere where kids can enjoy themselves with the rest of their classmates. They’ll be moving their bodies, learning postures and getting active, and to them it’s a game!
They will learn postures like:
- The posture of the tree: «I sink my magnificent roots very deep in the earth. I feel firm «
- La montaña:«I’m on my feet and I can get very high»
- Warrior’s posture: «I am strong in body, mind and heart»
- The cobra :»I am strong and flexible and I am ready to move forward»