Other extracurricular activities that take place at Brains Nursery Schools are judo, dance, chess and children’s yoga, due to the advantages and benefits that children get from their practice.
The practice of judo in children provides a series of benefits
both physically and socially, emotionally and educationally. Some of them:
- Development of the motor apparatus, strength, speed increase, coordination and balance.
- Development of values such as respect and companionship.
- Development of self-control, tolerance, motivation, self-esteem, solidarity and teamwork.
- Development of educational games, related to psychomotricity and adapted to the age of children.
BALLET AND FLAMENCO
The practice of dances such as ballet and flamenco allows to obtain benefits that help in the development of the personality of children thanks to the requirement and teaching of both physical and mental disciplines. In addition, it allows the little ones to relax, release adrenaline, improve their self-esteem and develop their sensitivity. Among other benefits are:
- Correction of bad postures.
- Muscular development and the shape of the spine.
- Exercise coordination, movement agility and balance.
- It helps to gain elasticity.
- Develop body expression, hearing and memory.
- It also helps combat childhood obesity, cholesterol and correct problems such as “flat feet”.
The learning of chess, a strategy game of great depth, has benefits for all ages in general, but in the case of children, it helps them in a special way to awaken their intellectual abilities and develop their logical thinking earlier. . The benefits
that are obtained with the practice of this game:
- Improvement of the memory.
- Development of critical thinking.
- Learning in problem solving and decision making.
- Acquire values such as empathy and socialization.
- Development of imagination, concentration, organization and planning.
- Acceptance of rules.
It favors the balance between the rational and the emotional, making the little ones accept and fit triumphs and failures.
Children’s yoga is a discipline that helps create health and well-being, so that their practice in children’s environment contributes to its recognition as a healthy and playful activity. Yoga serves as a tool to help the child relax while having fun, while developing strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, but also body awareness, attention, focus and self-confidence. There are numerous studies that support its valuable pedagogical application, especially to improve the processes of attention and concentration, so necessary today in our classrooms. Some of the benefits of practicing a discipline such as yoga:
- Strengthens coordination and balance
- Development of self-discipline and self-control
- It helps strengthen the ability to concentrate.
- Teaches to relax and promote stress control.
- It helps to balance the body and the mind.
- Improves physical condition, strengthening numerous body systems: skeletal, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, hormonal and muscular.
- Help to work in a team and it’s fun!
If you have any questions or concerns or simply need more information you can contact us through our contact form
or phone number.